Irish innovation is finding a receptive audience in the UAE, with exports experiencing year-on-year growth. Here's a comprehensive overview of the recent trade mission organized by Enterprise Ireland to bolster economic relations between Ireland and the UAE:
- Export Growth: Enterprise Ireland client exports to the UAE surged by 22% in 2022, reaching €161.5m (175.5m USD), reflecting the rising demand for Irish innovation.
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU): A significant milestone was achieved with the signing of an MoU between Enterprise Ireland and Dubai Chamber of Digital Economy, providing Irish companies with a global growth platform.
Trade Mission Agenda:
- Meetings: Minister Dara Calleary and Leo Clancy, CEO of Enterprise Ireland, engaged with UAE ministers, business leaders, and heads of organizations to explore collaboration opportunities.
- Sector Focus: Discussions centered on medtech, aviation, artificial intelligence, and fintech, highlighting Ireland's prowess in these domains.
- Dubai Chambers: An MoU was signed to unlock opportunities for Irish companies in technology, manufacturing, ESG, and clean technologies.
- Trade Workshops: A FinTech/ICT workshop facilitated connections between Irish and UAE counterparts, fostering collaboration and investment prospects.
- Aviation Sector: Minister Calleary met with aviation leaders, exploring avenues for cooperation and innovation in demand.
- Business Leaders: Discussions with Dubai Duty Free, Emirates Airlines, and Dubai International Airport aimed to strengthen existing partnerships and explore new opportunities.
Arab Health 2024:
- The trade mission coincided with Arab Health 2024, showcasing 17 Irish health innovators at Ireland’s national pavilion.
About Enterprise Ireland:
- Enterprise Ireland is the Irish Government's trade and innovation agency, fostering business relationships between Irish companies and international partners.
The trade mission underscores Ireland's commitment to leveraging its innovative ecosystem and fostering mutually beneficial partnerships with the UAE. As Irish exports continue to flourish, such initiatives play a pivotal role in driving economic growth and collaboration on a global scale.